Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bob and A Tribute to the King.

Early I had mused on one of the most troubling aspects of the Price, advertising. I solved my problem with a half-hearted answer, like asking a person for directions and receiving a blank "yes." (I'll link to the previous post later, or at least let you know which one I'm speaking of, it's titled The Enemy in the Best of PIR # 2 below.)

But the game is stepping it up. Maybe it's the impending retirement, perhaps a final run of glory. Like Neil Young said "it's better to burn out, than to fade away."

The more capitalist-corporate-money or nothing part of me says it's a good way to keep people watching, even if the soul of it is leaving. (Also lets take a minute for the godfather of soul please.)

..
..
..
..
..

Today, while partially ignoring the Hoverround commercials, something caught my eye... or rather my ear. A Elvis box set that's like heaven falling to earth. A full DVD set with over fifty-five recordings that have been bombarded with digital enhancement. This for only two payments of twenty-four ninety-five.

Now I'm not going to buy it, I have no real need or want, but I'm glad to see that they are trying.

Till that day.

No comments: