Monday, November 06, 2006

Reposted from the start of it all.

Television vs. Everything Else

So for the first time in my life I have cable television. And yes, you are reading correctly. I've never had it before, not as a toddler, not in high school, not in college, not ever. I am doing fine, have been fine and would have continued to read books if I haven't plugged in that cord to realize my cable works.

I think I'm stealing.... So I'll have to go to church this weekend and repent for that.

But I don't think I can really appreciate it. I don't know the shows and all these people are foreign to me. I felt like I really just wanted Lost back on... Until this morning at 10:00 when The Price Is Right came on.

I haven't been able to watch this for years and I'm beginning to remember those mornings waking up before school in Duluth. It really is the best piece of American genius ever. It's an old guy giving shit away to everyday people who in turn yell, jump, scream and shout. I haven't heard them scream God yet, but I'm sure it has happen at least once during the Price's run.

One guy today almost cried when he won an electronic drumset. Is he going to use it? Hell no. Why would he? It's an electronic drumset. But what did Bob really give him? That's right, happiness. It's got to be the happiest show in the world. It'll change your whole day, seriously, some guy named Matthew won a sailboat.

ONE POINT TELEVISION

No comments: