Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The marriage and the hula dance

To start, I've been writing about the Price for a few months, I'll repost some past musings when time permits or when someone votes them into a "best of" category, but for now people need something fresh and new.

There have been some startling revelations. First, Bob Barker retired, we all wish him well. Second, I'm doing my best to plot a takeover. And third, the Price is still going strong.

I'd have some big shoes to fill provided I get the job. Bob Barker is a remarkable man. I'll give you two examples.

Last week Bob saved someone's marriage. Today, he let a woman hula dance for all of America to enjoy.

It's true I saw it, or them, or I saw both of those things happen.

The marriage. A contestant got to the row and was celebrating his anniversary. He told Bob to let his wife onstage prior to taping to save his marriage, but the husband was called instead. Bob asked if he helped the marriage and the husband replied "only if I listen to her." The wife continued to bid from the audience and the husband won a car. "Thanks Bob, you saved my marriage."

The hula dance. In the audience today was a group, presumably from Hawaii, who were involved in some sort of hula traveling dance troupe. One of the many got on stage prior to a showcase showdown and Bob, with infinite generosity, asked her to dance. Five minutes later the woman was radiant, happy, overjoyed and flattered to have had the opportunity. Bob said it was the most beautiful thing ever seen on the Price, and I got to see it.

He's changing lives that B.B. one prize filled hour at a time.

1 comment:

kcmasterpiece said...

It makes me cry with joy. That Bob... I tell ya... *sniffle*

Hope you're having a good "Friday!" Good to see you last night, even though it was brief.